Friday, November 7, 2008

My Mama on Obama...

"My thoughts are from the cotton field to the White House. Not that Obama ever was in the cotton field, but I'm sure some of his ancestors on his father's side were. Can't you just see God's Hand in all of this? Amen. I believe this is just one of the ways God is rectifying the injustice that was done to people like Emmett Teal killed at 14 yrs. old in 1955 for calling a white women honey, for those 4 little black girls that were bombed and killed in an Alabama church in 1964 (?) just to name a few. So my thoughts are:
'Amazing Grace, How Sweet the Sound...', whose writer was a slave ship owner, but when God opened his eyes to what he was doing, he wrote this song."

-- Mother

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep it civil - or face deletion...